CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Miracle Viewing #2 :)

Quick post before I go back to studying!

Today I got to go back to Labor and Delivery (L&D) for a short day. I must be a lucky charm because a teenage mother had been there since Monday... such a long labor and they decided to do a C-Section right when I got on the floor! So I got to go in the OR/Delivery room with the mom and help prep her and calm her down. The whole delivery team was AWESOME! The med students from Monday were in there with me again and they actually got to scrub in (super excited for them!) The poor girl was terrified, so I kept reminding her that in a few minutes she would have a baby and told her to focus on listening to the baby's heart rate, it worked!

So the C-section is way more "ewww" than vaginal birth. A lot more blood and just "ahhhh how can she not feel them doing that!" (YAY for L&D Drugs!) It was definitely different. But, when they got the baby cleaned up, I went by the young parents and the Dad took the baby and kissed him and then passed him to mommy for a kiss. It was such a beautiful thing to see! Even though the Mom and Dad were super young, they love this baby! And yes, I got teary eyed again. It's just such an amazing thing! And for the second time I got over my squeemishness (partially) and was able to witness a baby brought into the world.

All of this is why I do not mind studying for OB... which is why I'm still up now. It's so great to actually learn material and apply it the same day in clinical. Ah, I love OB!!

Good night!

2 comments:

Mariko said...

Jessie Rae Guercio!! You are going to be an awesome nurse, no matter what you specialize in.

Nicole said...

That's awesome! I'm so proud of you!