CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer Wrap Up :( Part 1

Since all of my lovely friends are blogging... I'm actually motivated to update my blog!

-So here is my wrap up for summer.. it might be jumbled, but I was busy:

- I went to go visit my grandmother in Pennsylvania a few days after school got out. Mom and I went to celebrate her birthday and Mother's Day. It was a lovely visit, although we were in the hospital the whole time, but it was nice spending time with my mom and Mimi. This was the last time I saw Mimi before she passed away. I am so thankful I got that time with her and that she is no longer suffering. She passed away on June 9th and we went up that week for her funeral, which was a lovely ceremony. I got to write a eulogy and I thought it was really good and was a great way to honor my grandmother. (Please hold the I'm sorry's, we are all doing fine and we are all relieved that she is no longer suffering).

- Stephanie Marie got married to Kyle!!! This was the day we had been waiting 8 years for and it was an amazing ceremony and so much fun!!!

Steph dancing with her hubby :)




- I went to summer school and took two of the easiest/most interesting classes. Death and Dying and Care of the Elderly Patient. I really enjoyed my classes and they came at a good time. I feel that these classes helped me handle the loss of my grandmother better.



- I got an amazing job!!!!! I did not get the internship I applied for at a children's hospital, which I was devastated about, but I am so glad I did not get it now. It is so true that when God closes a door he opens a window. So about my job... our school has a program with the Good Sam day camp in San Antonio called Healthy Choices for Kids. This program has medical and nursing students work together to teach 10-14 year olds how to make healthy lifestyle choices. Our lessons ranged from abstinence and contraception (the lesson I taught) to nutrition and respect. We also did an hour of physical activities with the kids each day.. such as running, soccer, and kickball.
I also got to meet some amazing people and become great friends with girls in my class. Our kids were absolutely amazing! They were all so sweet and they learned a lot! I also got to plan a reward field trip for them to Laser Quest and it was so awesome for them to have such a nice trip. Here are some of our pictures..

Our 12 and up boys and girls




Our 10-11 year old boys



Our 10-11 year old girls


Well this will have to be my first half of this post. It's bedtime for this sleepy girl. Stories from the cruise will come in the next post.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

yay blogs! aw i'm so proud of you, you're almost a nurse!!!

Mariko said...

I was excited for your update!! Your summer job seems like such an amazing experience! I am quite jealous. I love ya SeXy MonKey!! Keep updating.

Stephanie Marie said...

Yay for the update! It was so good to see you the other night. Best luck with the new semester... only 2 left!!